Message from the Headteacher
During a period of self-isolation please follow this guidance to ensure you child stays up to date with their learning.
Make sure your child does the following daily:
- Practices their phonics using the phoneme cards or tricky words (Reception) and/or reads for a minimum of 30 minutes (Reception, Year 1 & 2) or an hour (Years 3 – 6)
- Completes at least one maths and one English activity from the work packs they have been assigned. (Reception to Year 6) – work packs and enrichment grids can be collected from the canopy area outside the main entrance to the school between 9am and 3pm, social distancing rules apply. Look for the boxes labelled for your child’s year group.
- Completes at least one activity from the Enrichment grids (Years 1 – 6) or load a picture/video of your child’s learning/play on to Tapestry (Nursery and Reception)- work packs and enrichment grids can be collected from the canopy area outside the main entrance to the school between 9am and 3pm, social distancing rules apply. Look for the boxes labelled for your child’s year group.
- 30+ minutes on Mathletics (Year 1 to Year 6)
- 30+ minutes on ReadingEggs (Reception to Year 6)
- Take part in physical exercise of play for at least 1 hour. (Nursery to Year 6)
- Spends at least 10 minutes talking to someone about the things they have been doing and what they have learned. (Nursery to Year 6)
- Has a story read to them by someone else. (Nursery to Year 6)
- Laughs about something, anything!
- * Year 6 pupils complete 1+ hours on SATS companion.
Teachers will set tasks and challenges through Marvellous Me (Years 1 to 6) or Tapestry (Nursery and Reception).
To access Mathletics, ReadingEggs and a range of other websites that the children use at school please go to https://therydalacademy.rmunify.com/ and ask the children to log-in with the same log-in and password they use in school.
If you need to contact the school please email email@example.com
Mr J M Armitage B.Ed (Hons); NPQH
The Rydal Academy is a large and vibrant primary school for pupils aged 3 to 11. The school provides nursery education for children from their third birthday and is structured in 3 classes per year group for Reception to Year 6.
The school is housed in an expansive building with a bright, purposeful learning environment. The school benefits from extensive grounds including a multi-use games area, nature garden, allotment, four Early Years outdoor learning areas, field, outdoor classroom and two playgrounds.
The school provides an extensive extra-curricular and free and extended curriculum offer as well as free wraparound childcare from 7:30am until 6pm.
For any further information about school policies, procedures or any other aspect of school practice please contact the school office in writing, by email, by telephone, in person or through the contact us section of this website.
All policies are available in hard copy from the school office or electronically on the website.
The Rydal Academy
The Rydal Academy, Rydal Road, Darlington, County Durham, DL1 4BH
Facebook: The Rydal Academy
Headteacher: Mr J Armitage B.Ed (Hons), NPQH
Deputy Headteacher: Mrs K Turnbull M.A. (Ed), NPQH
Assistant Headteacher: Mrs A Galey B.Ed (Hons)
Assistant Headteacher: Miss L Unsworth BA (Hons) MA, NPQH
SENCO: Miss L Truby BA (Hons), NASC
Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mrs J Thurland B.Ed (Hons)
Chair of Governors: Mr W M Gray
The Rydal Academy is part of the Swift Academies REGISTERED ADDRESS: Croft Road, Hurworth-on-Tees, Darlington, DL22JG. COMPANY No. 7533271